Stepper motor driver
Digital Technology, max. 50V/5.6ADownload data sheet
Download driver software
The DM556 is a versatile fully digital stepping driver based on a DSP with advanced control algorithm. The DM556 is the next generation of digital stepping motor controls. It brings an unique level of system smoothness, providing optimum torque and nulls mid-range instabilities. Motor self-test and parameter auto-setup technology offers optimum responses with different motors and makes it easy to use. The driven motors can run with much smaller noise, generate less heat, and move smoother than most other drivers on the market. Its unique features make the DM556 an ideal solution for applications that require low-speed smoothness.
Compared to the DM432C, the DM556 provides a large voltage range and higher output current to able to drive a larger variety of stepper motors. Furthermore, the DSP of the DM556 is capable of driving the motors at higher speeds (above 3000 RPM) offering servo-like performance.
- Anti-Resonance, provides optimum torque and nulls mid-range instabilities
- Supply voltage up to +40VDC
- Output current programmable, from 0.5A to 5.6A
- Automatic idle-current reduction (in standstill mode) to reduce motor heating; function switchable
- Motor self-test and parameter auto-setup technology, offers optimum responses with different motors
- Pulse input frequency up to 200 kHz
- TTL compatible and optically isolated input
- Multi-Stepping allows a low resolution step input to produce a higher microstep output for smooth system performance
- Microstep resolutions programmable, from full-step to 102,400 steps/rev
- Suitable for 2-phase and 4-phase motors
- Support PUL/DIR and CW/CCW modes
- Over-voltage, over-current, phase-error protections
|Output current||0.5||-||5.6 (4.0 RMS)||A|
|Logic signal current||7||10||16||mA|
|Puls input frequency||0||-||200||kHz|
|Double pulse CCW||X|
|Motor type Mecheltron||42BYGH-XXXX||86BYGH-XXXX|
Suitable for a wide range of stepping motors of NEMA sizes 17, 23, 24 and 34 (42x42 mm to 86x86 mm). It can be used in various kinds of machines, such as laser cutters, laser markers, high precision X-Y tables, labeling machines, and so on. Its unique features make the DM556 an ideal solution for applications that require low-speed smoothness and high performance.
A typical system consists of stepper motor, stepper motor driver, power supply and controller. The following image shows a typical connection schematic: